Dear Dance Families,
Welcome to our Academy and a warm thank you for being part of our Academy. This will be an exciting dance year! For our school’s policies/guidelines we have our Handbook to help you answer your queries All correspondences from the Academy will be through emails. You will be receiving information about participation in various recitals and performances through our official email address [email protected]
My Dance World Academy is committed to provide the best dance education to students of all ages and all dance experiences. We emphasize developing strong dance skills, creativity, and self-confidence within one’s self. Our goal is to encourage our students to reach their fullest potential and to just let go and have fun. At My Dance World Academy, you can come and forget about all the pressures and stresses of life.
1. We require all students to dress code suggested by the Academy on the website.
2. Student arriving more than 10 minutes late will not be admitted to class. Make-up class is not encouraged unless student specifies a valid reason for absence, approved by the dance instructor .
3. We recommend you arrive at the studio with adequate time to prepare for class. There is no supervision before or after classes. Parents are advised to pick their kids on time.
4. Parents are of preschool or very small kids are encouraged to be in the waiting room for the kids. They may need help for various reasons including bathroom or behavior issues. Our utmost intention is to make the kids feel safe and protected when they are with us.
5. School age children are expected to respect their instructors and fellow students. Each student is expected to follow the our classroom etiquette and have a positive attitude towards discipline. If kids are found not adhering to classroom discipline parents will be informed.
6. If a student feels sick during class or sustains an injury and cannot participate the parents will be notified with a phone call if not on the premises. An injury report will also be filled out by the instructor and sent home with the student.
7. No family or friend of the student is allowed in the dance studio rooms at any time unless invited by an instructor. Instructors have the authority to ask a parent to leave the dance studio room once classes begin.
Viewing Class in session is available from the outside of the viewing windows ONLY. It is at the instructor’s discretion.
Bollywood: Tights/leggings with a top. No tight jeans or tight skirts.
Bharatnatiyam: Tights/leggings with a top. No tight jeans or tight skirts.
Kathak: Tights/leggings with a top. No tight jeans or tight skirts.
Garba/Raas: Tights/leggings with a top. No tight jeans or tight skirts.
Bhangra: Tights/leggings with a top. No tight jeans or tight skirts.